Management and leadership skills are critical to the success of an organization. Senior leaders are critical to the success of the organization through the culture they create and the expectations they set of others. This program is designed to help managers build on their strategic management and leadership skills and to focus on the requirements of implementing the organization’s strategy.
What is CPM®
The program focuses on the practical application of management theory and principles in the context of developing the senior manager. This qualification builds on current management skills and knowledge obtained in the workplace and / or previous studies.
It provides participants with a greater understanding of the various roles and responsibilities involved in strategic management environment. Furthermore, the program will introduce many tools, frameworks and methodologies that a strategic manager can implement to support the strategic planning process and the performance of staff in pursuit of the organizational goals.
It is designed for those managers working in a wide range of organizations that have, or soon will have, some senior management responsibility. Course members may be managers with considerable work experience but who have not completed any formal management qualifications.
*Completion of the program leads to optional awarding of Global Masters Degree in Business Administration.
Module 1: Strategic Management
- The aim of this course is to develop learners’ understanding of strategic and change management models, as well as the ability to review strategic plans, to propose strategic options, to create implementation plans and to lead organizational changes.
Module 2: Strategic Leadership
- This course provides an in-depth understanding of the key principles and practice of leadership.
- This will enhance the individuals’ knowledge, skills and attributes to effectively engage in the role and responsibilities required of an effective team player and leader of a team; being proactive in innovation and improvement to inform strategy and business planning within the organization.
Module 3: Strategic Human Resource Management
- The aim of this course is to develop learners’ understanding of how the effective strategic management of human resources supports the achievement of organizational objectives in different contexts.
- Learners will evaluate the contribution of strategic human resource management, and the application of leadership and management theory for organizational benefit.
Module 4: Strategic Financial Management
- The aim of this unit is to enable learners to apply financial principles relevant to management in an organizational context, including analytical techniques and theories/models of management accounting, evaluation of budgetary processes, recommending funding sources and appraising investment options.
Module 5: Strategic Digital Leadership
- The aim of this course is to introduce learners to the basics of business processes and strategies related to enterprise and entrepreneurship, developing knowledge of enterprise and entrepreneurship in global contexts.
Module 6: Strategic Marketing
- The aim of this course is to develop learners’ understanding of the concepts, methods and technical aspects of strategic marketing and the challenges associated with marketing in today's business environment, including how a strategy combines product development, promotion, distribution, pricing, relationship management and other elements.